1935-1955

Rev. Miles French Connour

The Apostolic Temple

After founding the Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ (currently APC) in the early 1930s, Pastor Silas Sanders turned over the leadership of the church to Rev. Miles French Connour on August 9, 1935. Church records document Rev. WT Witherspoon, founding board member of the United Pentecostal Church International, presided over the dedication service for Rev. Connour’s instillation.

The church eventually relocated from its 812 W Market Street location to 1108 W Wood Street on November 19, 1935 and then again to 1101 W Market Street on January 17, 1943, renaming the church to the Apostolic Temple.

Rev. Connour remained pastor for nearly 20 years until his passing on February 10, 1955. His ministry bore the fruit for future generations of many Pentecostal families still located in the central Illinois area. His son, Rev. Loren Connour, currently serves as Assistant Pastor of the Full Gospel Church in Heyworth, Illinois. His great grandson, Rev. Greg Wilhelm, is our Youth Pastor here at APC.

Next: 1955-1957